Donations & Contributions
Jenkins Institute is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit institution. Donations and Contributions are tax deductible.
If you wish to donate cash, by using a credit or debit card, or by using PayPal please see the donate button on any of our web pages.
Other donations can be brought to the Administration Offices at:
3923 Azalea Drive
North Charleston, S.C 29405
We are open Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm and checks can be mailed to the same address.
Click here: Donation Form, if you would like to download and fill out a Donation Form prior to coming in with your items.
DONATIONS ONLY ACCEPTED ONLY 12NOON-2PM MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY, AND FRIDAY (NO USED STUFFED ANIMALS OR TOYS FOR AGES UNDER 12)
What We Need:
Note: For your convenience we have created a "Walmart List". It has many of the items that are on the list below. When you log on to Walmart's website, at the top there is a menu item for "List". When you select that enter "Jenkins" as the first name, and "Institute" as the last name.
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, cleaning cloths, dishwashing and laundry detergent, dusting spray, pine-sol, lysol, mops, window cleaner)
- Disposable gloves
- First Aid Kits
- Gallon size zip locked freezer bags and garbage bags
- Hair for braiding
- Hair accessories
- Hair gel and moisturizer(Cantu, Carol's Daughter, etc)
- Hand sanitizer
- Paper products (paper towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper plates, cups and utensils)
- Large clear bins with tops (used to store donated clothing)
- Laundry hampers
- Multipurpose copy paper 8 1/2 x 11 and legal size
- Neosporin/antibotic ointment
- Rubbing alcohol
- School uniforms required by Greg Mathis,Northwoods Middle School, and North Charleston High School)
- Shower caps
- Shower curtains/rods/hooks
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Small metal foot operated trash cans
- Teen games
- Towels/wash cloths
- Twin (extra long)bed linen and comforters/blankets
- Gift cards to local fast food restaurants, stores, movie theatres and gas stations)
- Aluminum cans (we have a can drive on campus)
- Building Maintenance/Repairs
- Ground Maintenance
- Volunteers for various services
If you have questions about our needs, residents, or other questions related to donations and contributions, please contact us: